McCartney resumes tour after being sent to hospital
SIR Paul McCartney has resumed his 'Out There' tour after his recent illness.
The 72-year-old rocker, who was forced to cancel his Japanese concerts and a gig in South Korea in May after he was hospitalised in Tokyo for six nights due to a viral infection, took to the stage for the first time in more than two months in Albany, New York on Saturday night (05.07.14).
The 'Save Us' hitmaker told the crowd: "It's great to be back."
The British star appeared to be in good spirits, performing 38 songs in just under three hours, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The former Beatles star's bandmate Ringo Starr recently said Paul was determined to get back on stage as soon as possible by "getting fit" while he recuperated with his wife Nancy Shevell, 53, in Ibiza.
He said: "I spoke to him while he was in hospital. He said he was doing OK. Now he is getting fit and getting ready to rock."
A source close to Paul previously admitted he was "very sad" about cancelling his Asian shows.
The insider said: "Paul has really been through the mill. He was desperately sad he had to cancel those shows but he was really poorly. But he is on the mend which is great news."