What’s (not) on in the Whitsundays
WITH mass event cancellations and football games sans spectators, the COVID-19 crisis has event organisers and attendees around the world concerned.
As the event season ramps up in the Whitsundays, our very own calendar has drastically emptied, with the following events being cancelled or affected by nationwide restrictions.
Cancelled or postponed
- Bunnings sausage sizzles, Saturday mornings - Cancelled
- Parkrun Airlie Beach and Bowen, Saturday mornings - Cancelled
- Party Bands in Paradise Cape Gloucester, March 20 - Cancelled
- Merinda Hotel 80s Trivia Night, March 20 - Cancelled
- Tour de Cure bike ride - Postponed
- Probus General Meeting and all outings to take place this month, April 7 - Cancelled
- BCE Breakfast Forum, April 17 - Postponed
- ANZAC DAY at Northerlies Airlie Beach, 25 April - Postponed
- Bowen Sporting Hall of Fame Junior Sporting Fundraiser May 23 - Cancelled
- Bowen Family Fishing Classic, September 5-6 - Cancelled
- Publican’s Race Day Bowen Turf Club, April 4 - No patrons to attend, live streaming available.
- Wintermoon Festival, May 1 - Capped ticket sales at 500, no more ticket sales will be available and the event will go ahead on a smaller scale.
- Whitsunday Cup Bowen Turf Club, May 30 - No patrons to attend, live streaming available.
Event organisers are reviewing and closely monitoring the situation.
- Whitsundays Multicultural Festival, June 6
- Whitsunday Running Festival, July 18-19
- Great Barrier Reef Festival, July 30 - August 2
- Ben Bolt Cup, August 8
- Bowen Cup, October 10
Have you had to cancel your upcoming event? Let us know by emailing email@example.com